K-12 Energy Education Grants!
(see below for application)
The conservation of our limited resources and the future of our planet rests with the new generation! It is imperative children understand the importance of conserving energy, and are also encouraged to think innovatively about ways they can help their schools be better stewards of the environment. School-based energy efficiency projects:
- Create healthier educational environments.
- Promote better student performance.
- Result in improved student (and teacher) attendance.
- Save schools money!
Halvorson Trane, one of Iowa’s longest-established HVAC companies, is offering three, $500 grants to K-12 Iowa schools. Grant monies are to be used to fund an energy education project on school grounds (projects can be inside or out).
We encourage you to think creatively about how you can help your school save energy, while also educating students, but here are a few examples to get those creative juices flowing:
- Host an exciting “energy” education student assembly for your school.
- Identify drafts and help school maintenance staff seal the leaks.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with LED bulbs, and have students conduct a light bulb experiment to learn how LED's are more energy efficient.
- Purchase supplies to create an “energy” focused curriculum for your classroom.
- How To Apply: Complete and submit the application below.
- Who Can Apply: K-12 Iowa school teachers or other school staff. The grant can be on behalf of a single classroom, several classrooms working together, the school as a whole, or a school club or sports team.
- Application Deadline: October 26, 2018
- Grant Announcements: Early to mid November 2018
- Recognition: Halvorson Trane will present a “giant” check to the awardee schools. Students, teachers, and administration from awardee schools should be present to accept the check. Halvorson Trane will issue a press release regarding grant awards, and may ask grantee schools for quotes.
- For Questions: Call 515-270-0004 and mention the $500 Grant, or contact us here.